Lately I've been missing this little weekend ritual and craving a breakfast menu staple, a good drop of bircher...
So instead of denying myself until our next breakfast out (whenever that may be), I made some myself. I found a recipe on lifestylefood.com.au by Neil Perry to use as a starting point and adjusted it suit my taste. So simple and yummy, wished I'd made some sooner...
The night before -
- Soak 2 cups of rolled oats in 2 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice (I used 'Daily Juice Company', much less work).
- Cover and refridgerate.
In the morning fold through the following ingredients -
- 1 cup of creamy natural yoghurt (greek style works well)
- 2 cups of freshly grated apple
- 4 tablespoons of honey (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
Spoon into bowls and serve with a dollop of yoghurt, a dusting of cinnamon and top with fresh or poached fruit. (serves four)