Thursday 31 March 2011

on the hunt for...


chambray or tencil, midthigh with darts please...

extra long, super soft & hot pink!


boat neck, 3/4 sleeves & perfect stripe to white ratio.
tweed, cord or velvet or maybe all three...
Today I headed to the shops, in order to pick up a few items for my wardrobe...  As usual, I had very specific ideas in mind and... as usual I came home empty handed. 
Mind you, I wasn't after anything particularly exotic or outlandish, quite the opposite really and for that reason, my usual 'go to' stores had elements of what I was after, but nothing that quite fitted the bill...

Might mean trying my hand at making my own... 
Bit daunting though, as I don't knit and I haven't sewn anything wearable  since Home Ec class. We made elastic waisted shorts from nursery print curtain fabric. Yep, they were all the rage circa 1988... 

Speaking of late eighties/early nineties style... does anyone remember the 'Chic Simple' book series??
I used to own a couple of titles, 'Clothes' & 'Home' I think.
The design and layout of these books was very fresh back then... so I'd be interested to see if they've stood the test of time.

Anyway, the hunt continues...


No comments:

Post a Comment