Thursday 8 December 2011

Summer treats..



One of my fondest memories of this time of year, as a child, would have to be Mum coming back from the markets laden with Summer stone fruit.., mangoes, nectarines, plums, apricots and the most exciting, a whole box of glossy black cherries. Yum!!

I ate them by the kilo with red stained fingers, wore them as earrings and (if we lived in a cooler climate) would be responsible for an orchard of cherry trees in the back yard from all the discarded pips...

Since then, the first bite of a new season cherry and I instantly think of Summer Holidays and Christmas... Thom tasted his very first cherries when we shared this bowl yesterday and is definitely a fan!

I wonder if they will evoke similar memories for him when he's all grown up..?

1 comment:

  1. I just love cherries in the summer! I just stumbled across your lovely blog and will follow you on bloglovin. I look forward to popping back for some more inspiration!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete