Friday 20 May 2011

it's a preppy, preppy world...

Prep style courtesy of Vanity Fair
Looking for a little moment of calm yesterday, I sat and revisited an old Vanity Fair and an article on the recently updated Official Preppy Handbook (the original is now 30 years old).

I remember someones older sister owning a copy and loving it's tongue and cheek nature. And having always been a closet prepster wannabe (without the trust fund unfortunately), I was quite keen to check out the new version.. True Prep.



A quick search for a copy on the web and I came across all manner of prep friendly topics.., new season loafers, monogrammed pyjamas, the latest Gossip Girl going ons (I'll admit another guilty pleasure) and this amazing travelling 'Pop Up' Beach House, created by the King of preppy Tommy Hilfiger...

I've seen plenty of Pop Up stores before, but this takes the concept to a whole new level! I mean it's like the Hampton's have landed smack bang in the middle of the city, (NYC in this case).  Check it out below.




Thus inspired, I'm off to pop on a little Vampire Weekend and colour block my twin sets...

Have a super Weekend! xx
ps. I'm ordering my copy of True Prep here  (free postage yeah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment